Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Butterflies and Flower Power...

I am back from a restful vacation and have the pictures to prove it! After our initial road trip on the motorcycle, we spent the remainder of our time in the mountains. I love the mountains this time of year as the spring runoff makes for lots of moisture in the meadows and the wild flowers are abundant. I will be blogging with more pictures later in the week but for now, I am going to post the wildflowers I captured with my camera shutter. Sit back and enjoy!



My favorite wild flower the amazing shooting star!



Here is a wild rose growing amongst the sagebrush!


This is mountain lupine.


Here are some little blue butterflies I happened to come across. There were about 50 of them but they fluttered around so much I was only able to snatch a photo of these two. Notice the wings were opaque!



Mountain Meadow Cinquefoil



Bitterroot


Indian Paintbrush - Wyoming's State Flower


Another great picture of the lupines.

I don't have the greatest of cameras and it only has 2 pixels so the colors are not as vibrant as they are in true life but I loved all the flowers and did my heart good to see them.

More pictures later!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

JO



14 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home