Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Arizona Fun in the Sun....

I have a conference in Phoenix this week so I flew down here Friday so I could spend some time with my family here. Yesterday, my son Bryan drove me to Wickenburg to have a picnic in the park with my sister Rubye Jean, her daughter Anna Jo and her family. Of course, Chuck travels with me when I go out of town, especially when I am going to visit family. Chuck is always the hit of the party when there are kids around.

My son Bryan cooked the meat and to make it easy on everyone, we had deli salads. We had a marvelous time!

Chuck gaurding the watermelon...

Little Emma, isn't she so cute?

Kash loves Spiderman, he is so good natured and smart...

Rue is named after her grandmother Rubye. Rue is so smart and very cute; she is quite the young lady...

This is my niece, Anna Jo and her husband Rick. They are a very cute couple and very good parents. Their love for each other shines through in every aspect of their lives. (I think Rick has a secret crush on me though but shhh don't tell AJ)

My beautiful sister, Rubye Jean. We had such a good visit and truly enjoyed each other's company. I was sad when our time ended; it was very hard to say goodbye.

Here I am with AJ. She is a sweetie and has such a cute personality and sense of humor.

Here I am with Bryan. I am very proud of the man he has become. I am very blessed to have such a strong, wise and compassionate man as my son.

My conference starts tomorrow and I will probably will not have time to post the rest of the week but will be able to monitor blog comments. Have a great week everyone!

Jo

P.S. Chuck, AKA Meanie, will be posting a blog later today.

11 Comments:

  • At June 9, 2008 at 12:00 PM , Blogger San said...

    Jo, when you post pictures of your beautiful family, I am always struck by the resemblances. And even more so by the closeness you all share. That is so special.

    Yes, those little kids--Emma and Kash and Rue--are so good-lucking. And they all have that look of happy kids who are loved and encouraged to be smart and creative.

    I'm glad you're enjoying your time with Rubye Jean. And Bryan, whom you are so clearly proud of.

    Your secret is safe with me. I won't breathe a word about RICK'S CRUSH ON YOU. I'll let Chuck get the word out...

     
  • At June 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    Good pics Jo!
    I hated to see you go too...but so glad we had this wonderful time together.

     
  • At June 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    Great pics and blog, jo jo! And for those of you that don't know, a.bananna is anna jo and her middle name comes from her aunt jolene!

    those kids are growing so fast and so dang cute. and yes, they are very smart and very sweet!

    and bryan is such a nice young man! so glad he cooked so you guys could biz!

    i wished i was there!

    love you!
    e

     
  • At June 10, 2008 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    Good times!

     
  • At June 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    We had such a great time with you aunt jo! the kids loved seeing you and bryan!! We has some great laughs! Great pictures of the wonderful time we had! :) love yah!!

    YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THAT!

     
  • At June 10, 2008 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Visiting family is fun. I am getting to know most of yours. A warm and loving bunch. Beautiful pics.

     
  • At June 11, 2008 at 9:59 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    I thought chewy was going to fill out an application to be one of th sister's since there were openings. LOl

     
  • At June 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey! Where's my Sister Application? LOL!

     
  • At June 12, 2008 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    We would end up putting chewy in the nervous hospital!

     
  • At June 12, 2008 at 6:16 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    LOL. she would be right there with you all! LOL

     
  • At June 13, 2008 at 11:32 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    Emma is yelling JO-JO, JO-JO!!! she saw me on here and is all excited!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home