Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, May 26, 2008

This weekend...intertwined lives

This weekend I put over 500 miles on my car, for pleasure; we had a long way to go and and short time to get there...

Gary and I took off for Utah because my son Bryan was there for Kaylee's graduation from kindegarten and to see his new niece, Brooklyn.

This is a picture of Bryan and Brooklyn.

Here is Kaylee at her graduation ceremony.


Bryan's girlfriend, Anzhela, cut Kaylee and Elizabeth's hair. Aren't their new do's cute?

Saturday, Gary and I drove to Star Valley, Wyoming to visit with my friend Tonie and her husband Ray who just had surgery three weeks ago. I am happy to report that Ray is recovering very well and will be getting his staples out this week. It rained on us almost all of the way to Star Valley and rained on us all the way home today, also.


This is a picture of Wyoming Rush Hour Traffic.

As most of you know, I love taking pictures of trees. These two trees were growing together and are intertwined.



Just as these two trees are intertwined, so are the lives of the people in my life with me. We are all so different and are growing in our own way, yet we are entertwined by sharing the same time and space on earth, nurturing each other and wrapping our arms and love around each other.

What did you do this weekend?

11 Comments:

  • At May 26, 2008 at 7:01 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    What a wonderful reason to put 500 miles on your car, Jo.

    So glad you liked my `Fall Guy' post, with the Montreal pictures!

     
  • At May 26, 2008 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    Such a precious pic of Bryan and Brooke and I love the girls' new dos! Looks like you had a great time! We only put on 420 miles in 36 hours! lol

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 6:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lovely post Jo. My Jeep sat in the driveway most of the weekend.

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 8:16 AM , Blogger M&M FAMILY said...

    Im glad you got to see your kids and grandkids. We just missed you guys. I would have loved for monte and brian to see eachother.IM sure the girls were glad they got to see you all.They didnt want our girls to leave it was so sad. It sounds like you had a great time love ya JoJo.

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    I love that picture of Bryan & Brooklynn. Adorable girlies with theri new doos! Glad you had a good time & that Ray is getting better.

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 11:03 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    Such wonderful pictures! Yes I agree with everyone about the pic with bryan and Booklynn! hope you have a safe trip home! LOVE YAH!

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 11:52 PM , Blogger K.C. said...

    I sat in rush hour traffic in Memphis. It was much different than your rush hour traffic. I would have given anything to see yours! KC

     
  • At May 28, 2008 at 6:37 AM , Blogger San said...

    Beautiful pictures of the kids--both generations! Bryan and Brooklyn look so sweet together. Those grad pictures of course bring back memories of when my own kids were that size.

    That Wyoming rush hour is one I like!

    And your tree photo is lovely, as is the sentiment accompanying it. You are blessed with great family and friends.

     
  • At May 28, 2008 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    i love the girls' hair cuts! you are so blessed to have such precious grandkids!

     
  • At May 28, 2008 at 11:42 AM , Blogger San said...

    OK, Jo, I've put up my second meme today. And I've tagged you.

     
  • At May 28, 2008 at 12:28 PM , Blogger K.C. said...

    Loved what you wrote on my blog comments. People just assume that Eleanor Roosevelt just naturally was this awesome female. She had to work at it like the rest of us.

    She BECAME an awesome person, as did her husband and everyone else in history that became a success. That is what I am trying so hard to do. Not so much famous, or anything on those lines. It is for my own, in my own space, at whatever I am doing. Thanks so much for reminding me of what she said! KC

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home