Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Traces of New Life, Renewing Hope....

Yesterday, was a beautiful blue sky day with the temprature up in the 70's. It was a great day for a motorcycle ride! Gary and I met up with some friends of his from Lyman then we took off for the Flaming Gorge. It has been a month since we were there last and oh my, what a difference a little time makes.

We didn't see any Big Horn Sheep or Elk or Deer this time and the snow was all melted. There were wild spring flowers blooming and the air was full of the chatter of little forest creatures and birds.

I know I have posted pictures of this cliff before showing how deep the Gorge is but this time I would like you to notice the little dead tree on the side of the cliff.


I was thinking about this tree wondering about its life cycle, how it managed to grow there in the first place, how long it lived and what it had to endure such as harsh winds, the blazing sun and frigid winters, just to be left as a skeleton of a life passed all alone on a cliff.


Then I caught a glimpse of this new pinecone on this Ponderosa Pine tree. I thought of all of the potential it had and for the new life it could produce to continue populating the forest.

I thought of my own life and how it changed so drastically and I didn't have a choice in the decisions that were made. I could either be a boney skeleton of my true self or I could begin a new life with the hope that something would grow and become mighty in its own right.

We may not always have a choice in what life hands us, but we do have a choice in either becoming an old weathered skeleton or taking what we have and becoming great!


This is Dave & Ruth, longtime friends of Gary's and new friends to me.


This is Gary and I enjoying an ice tea in the shade. Sorry about the 'helmet hair"! I took off my long sleeved shirt for only a short time but today I am redder than the shirt I was wearing!

Chuck and I will be gone ths week but I will have access to the internet so I hope that I get lots of comments while I am gone.

Jo

11 Comments:

  • At May 18, 2008 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    don't forget your sunscreen, ditty! you don't want to turn into a lobster!

     
  • At May 18, 2008 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    oops, didn't mean to press return so soon!

    have a good week and i'm glad you are over your slump! love you!

     
  • At May 19, 2008 at 7:33 AM , Blogger M&M FAMILY said...

    I hope your having fun JoJo. Love the pictures cant wait to see more.lets see the bike! be safe love ya

     
  • At May 19, 2008 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At May 19, 2008 at 10:08 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    looks like you had a GREAT time! woo!! I love you and have a safe trip!! XooxOOxooXXX

     
  • At May 19, 2008 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jo,
    That little dead tree is the kind of thing that I might notice too. Hopefully it had grown some seeds and found rebirth in that manner.
    I have lobster arms from my day in the sun on Saturday.

    Can I tease you and call you "helmet head"?

     
  • At May 20, 2008 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    I had to delete my previous post...had ridiculous typos!
    I said the "biker beech" needs to wear a bandana on her head under the helmet.
    Have a save trip Jo Jo!
    I will have to call you & tell you how AI went down!

     
  • At May 20, 2008 at 4:46 PM , Blogger San said...

    Curses. Blogger is not letting my comment stick. So I will try, try again.

    What I was trying to say: This is a beautiful, thoughtful post. Sounds like your weekend opened a door of inner reflection and you are feeling all the better for it.

    And I said: I am SO GLAD you and Gary are having such a good time.

    And I said: I'll bet a year ago you'd never envisioned yourself riding around on a motorcycle, your arms around a strong, silent type.

    And I said: those friends look cool too.

    Now I say: Blogger, publish this comment or I will, well, I don't know what I will do, but it will be drastic and you will be sorry.

     
  • At May 20, 2008 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    Ms. Creek: I found my sunscreen after the fact, yes I look like a lobster but the vinegar pack helped a bunch!

    M&M: I have been having lots of fun and expanding my horizons! I will attempt to get a picture of us on the motorcycle soon.

    Chewy: It's okay to call me helmet head if you want to but be sure you smile when you say that Partner! lol (Try a vinegar pack on your sunburn, it works miracles!)

    A.Bannana: Yes, I will drive carefully because I'm getting to be a pretty good driver! LOL

    Velvet Ginger: I am a motorcycle hottie, I don't wear bandanas on my head! LOL

    San: You are right, a year has changed things for me! I have come along way and have accomplished a lot including learning how to walk again. Inner reflection and blogging has changed my perception and goals in life. Thank you for your kind words of wisdom!
    Your curse on my blog must have helped! I hate to see what of happened if it hadn't worked!

     
  • At May 20, 2008 at 11:10 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    I hadn't noticed the dead tyree!

     
  • At May 23, 2008 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Cath said...

    You look like you are having great fun. Great analogy with the tree - well said.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home