Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!



Dearest Mother,

I hope you don't mind receiving this letter today, but it has been a hard day for me as this is the first Mother's Day since you have passed. I must start with saying how much I love you and I miss you.

As I write this, I can see your smile, feel your hand on mine and hear your kind words of encouragement. You were always there for me.

One of my fondest memories of you is when we were little and we had been out playing in the snow, when we came in, the house was filled with the aroma of homemade bread and homemade cocoa. When I got older you taught me how to make bread and gravy and all the good comfort foods I grew to love.

After Beckie died and I became active in Victims' Rights, you went with me as my support when I spoke to the Legislature about the Life Without Parole Bill. I was scared and shaking but you were there with words of encouragement. Even though I had my doubts, you told me that I did real well.

When Leo and I bought our house, you were there helping me unpack and line the shelves. You showed me how and where to plant flowers and tomatoes. The three of us had lots of good times camping and exploring the Big Horn Mountains.

"Think Pink" (because of your optimisim) was your motto and it is a legacy you have passed down to your children and grand children.

I will close this letter now with the words that seem too few but mean so much: I love you, Mom!

Forever, always and a day,
Jolene

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home