Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stepping back in time to go forward...

Yesterday, a friend and I took a ride around the Flaming Gorge. I have posted pictures of the Gorge before. It is a very long drive and hard on my back becuase with all the sideroads and stops it is about a 350 mile roundtrip. We left at 8:30 in the morning and got back to Rock Springs 12 hours later.

I just love the Flaming Gorge because every season brings different colors and sights to the area. In our voyage yesterday we saw buffalo, elk, deer, Big Horn Mtn. Sheep, antelope and even a moose. The sun was out and the sky was blue and clear; it was a glorious traveling day.

One of our first stops was Brown's Park. I posted earlier about this historic place along the Green River where a man named Jarvie started a trading post, ferry and irrigation system back in the mid 1800's. His post on the river was a famous hiding place for Butch Cassidy and the likes of him.

My driver asked me if I had ever seen the pictrographs and I informed him that I didn't know there were any around there. We took a dusty bumpy road back off the main dusty bumpy road about 30 miles east to some rock formations and cliffs. To my delight here is what I saw:













I can not imagine having to live my day around the climate changes, harvest times, hunting days and the hardships which these indigious people did. I enjoyed my day very much but was happy to get home to the comfort of my own dwelling where the water comes hot out of the tap, the ice cubes are already made and at hand and my fire to cook my food with is instant at a flip of a switch not to mention the convenience of my own bathroom. I am very appreciative of how much I have and the love of my family and friends.

I hope you all have a very good weekend.
Jo

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home