Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Tag...You're It!

This was on Chewy's blog this morning and I decided to play along since I can't blog pictures at the moment. I hope everyone that reads my blog will join in the fun and play along. Please let me know if you do so I can go read and learn about you!

Two names you go by (besides your given name):
1. Jo, Jo Jo, Aunt Bo Bo and variations thereof
2. Big Ditty

Two things you are wearing right now:
1. Night gown
2. Reading Glasses

Two longest car rides:
1. When I was pregnant with my daughter I rode to Appleton, WI with Jim & Nancy Hall then flew to NJ to meet my childhood penpal, Janet.
2. To Stamford, TX where we lived for almost 3 years; it was a long way home!

Two of your favorite things to do:
1. Read, paint, fish & camp
2. Blog

Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. To get my strength back and not be in so much pain
2. For RJ to be healthy

Three animals you have or have had:
1. Cat - Sparky
2. Black lab - Sam
3. Cat - Baby

Three Things you ate today:
1. coffee - two cups
2. pumpkin pie
3.

Two things you're doing tomorrow:
1. Staying with RJ
2. Playing with A. Bannana's kids

Two favorite holidays:
1. Easter
2. Valentine's Day

Two favorite beverages:
1. Coffee with cream
2. diet Coke

Three people I tag:
1. A. Bannana
2. Lynetta
3. Lolly

Tag! You're it! Your turn!
Invitation open to anyone else who wants to play.

9 Comments:

  • At November 16, 2007 at 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jo Jo,
    Nice to know more about you. Thanks for playing. I want to know more about meeting your childhood penpal. That must have been exciting. Best wishes to your & RJ's health.

     
  • At November 16, 2007 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    I met Janet through correspondence our class received when I was in the third grade. Her class picked little town schools in the west to write to. At the time my father was the Game Warden in the Medicine Bow, WY area. If I remember correctly, there were three of us who corresponded with her but I am the only one who still does. We have had several occasions to meet up over the years. Our worlds are so different and yet so much alike. We are down to sending cards and letters at holidays and birthdays and a phone call about once a year but we still keep in touch. She still lives in the same town in NJ and I have moved numerous times but our friendship always follows.

     
  • At November 16, 2007 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    thanks Jo...
    I bet you didn't know I am Rj did ya chewy....tee hee

     
  • At November 17, 2007 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

    I like this game! I'm sad to hear you still have health issues (from the car accident?), but you sure do seem to have a wide and loving network of support around for you. It's cool you and your childhood penpal are still in touch.

     
  • At November 17, 2007 at 7:07 AM , Blogger San said...

    Jolene, I see that you and Chewy share a fondness for health food. (Me, too.) Big Ditty? Are you a blues musician? Pregnant car rides are long, yes they are. Sending you good vibes for a return to pain-free, full strength. I didn't mean that to sound like a drug ad. Sorry.

     
  • At November 17, 2007 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Lynetta said...

    Hi JoJo, Thanks for tagging me! I posted my answers :-)

    Hope you're having a great time in AZ. Give everyone loves from me, okay? Love you!

     
  • At November 17, 2007 at 6:10 PM , Blogger BBC said...

    I've had an 18 wheeler in 48 states and a good share of Canada.

    I like to wear clothes that others consider worn out.

    I'm often called BBC.

    I like to read, camp, hike to the hot springs. And do spiritual retreats.

    What I want very badly at the moment is world peace.

    I have four cats.

    I had a chili burger for lunch today.

    Favorite holidays are Valentines day and the turkey eating season from Thanksgiving to Christmas, without all the commercial crap.

    Coffee, light beer.

     
  • At November 17, 2007 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    San: Ah yes, if you can call coffee health food. It is healthy for those around me for me to have a cup or two in the morning! LOL

    My doctor told me that it may take up to three years to get back to where I was but to expect to be at 90% even then. I just want the pain to go away! I have an exercise and stretching program to help me with the pain and of course losing a little over 100 pounds in two years hasn't hurt anything. I just keep on keeping on! There are people worse off than I am and I am just thankful to be alive and walking again.

    Ms. Shrink: Yes, my health issues if you can call them that are from the auto accident but they are minor compared to what they could have been and I am very thankful for that! We all have our burdens and life struggles. The important thing to me is that I continue down my life path with a good spirit and stay confident.

    BBC: Thanks for stopping in and playing along!

     
  • At November 18, 2007 at 11:00 AM , Blogger San said...

    Better than 200 pounds off in two years!!! I lift my latte to you, woman.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home