Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Bridges of Life.....

My special friend gave me this picture of a bridge in Yellowstone Park; I think it is awesome! At looking at the engineering and construction of this bridge, I started thinking about the bridges in my life and how I have crossed them.

The last two years, I have had to cross many bridges. Why do we have bridges and where do they come from? I have concluded that bridges are all apart of life. After all, if I didn't have a bridge to take me from one rough place to another, I may end up in the muck and mire or in some place where there is only ragged rocks to scale.

Bridges span the gaps we have to travel along life's path. They are engineered for specific purposes and made of different materials. Some bridges are easy to cross while others like swinging bridges are scary. No matter how easy or scary they are, they have to be crossed in order to continue on your life path.

May you find your bridges to be easy on your life's path.

Jolene

10 Comments:

  • At October 22, 2007 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    good idea, jo, but i would dare say that may we all find our bridges. being "easy" isn't necessary the best way...just a thought from my perspective. those accomplishments over the hard ones are worth it...

    that'll do, donkey, that'll do!

     
  • At October 22, 2007 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    All of our bridges aren't easy, some take longer and some we resist crossing at all! I am cautious over the scary bridges and may even skip over the easier ones. My point is that we get across and go on.

     
  • At October 22, 2007 at 4:57 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    Love it Aunt Jo~Jo. We all have bridges! I like the bridges that I do not have to cross all by myself. I also I know that my family is here for me what I have a long scary bridge to cross!

    sometimes there are big scary ugly trolls under the bridge! lol.

     
  • At October 22, 2007 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Lynetta said...

    Beautiful thought, Aunt Jo! Sometimes the scariest bridges lead to the most scenic places; they're hard to cross, but worth it when you get there. Love you!

     
  • At October 22, 2007 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

    So nice to meet you!
    Thank you for stopping at the Castle.
    Have a great week!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

     
  • At October 22, 2007 at 7:31 PM , Blogger BBC said...

    My life has been a journey of many experiences and bridges. Gotta have a lot of bridges for that. Or build them as you journey along. And I have burned a few behind me as I didn't want them in my life anymore. I can do without some of the nasty people in my past.

    "If you always "Pay it Forward" you will never have to "Pay it Back".

    That was a great movie, I try to live my life that way. Hugs.

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 12:13 PM , Blogger San said...

    The photo reminds me of that movie (and book) The Bridges of Madison County, a tearjerker of a love story, one in which the protagonist (Meryl Streep) chose her priorities. Her choice was to stay rooted with her family instead of running away with the journalist (Clint Eastwood) who came to her county to photograph bridges. The choice was a crossing of her own bridge I guess. You probably saw the movie, probably read the book, Jolene.

    Thanks for the nice post.

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 2:21 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    I love you! hope your week is good!

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    Yes San, I read the book and saw the movie! I thought that Clint Eastwood played his very best part ever, in that movie! I don't think I have ever seen a covered bridge as in that movie. We don't have them in Wyoming, that I am aware of.

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    very good thoughts there Juh-du-buh
    thanks for sharing them!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home