Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, November 5, 2007

A lesson from trees.....

A very old cottonwood tree growing along the Green River in Brown's Park, Utah.


A couple of more trees in all their glory at Brown's Park.

A douglas fir tree growing out of a crevice at Red Canyon lookout along the Flaming Gorge in Utah.


Quaking Aspen trees in my yard in Wyoming.

I don't know why I have been so fascinated with trees lately. It is amazing to me how and where they grow. Some trees are nurtured and groomed while others grow without any nurturing or care and still reach their potential. In some ways, people are like trees. Some are raised with care while others never really have received any nurturing but still grow up to be amazing adults.

I read a quote lately and not sure where I read it but, it went something like this: "Suburbia is where humans plow down trees to make room for houses then name the streets after them."

Hope everyone is having a treeific day!

Jolene

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home