Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, November 5, 2007

A lesson from trees.....

A very old cottonwood tree growing along the Green River in Brown's Park, Utah.


A couple of more trees in all their glory at Brown's Park.

A douglas fir tree growing out of a crevice at Red Canyon lookout along the Flaming Gorge in Utah.


Quaking Aspen trees in my yard in Wyoming.

I don't know why I have been so fascinated with trees lately. It is amazing to me how and where they grow. Some trees are nurtured and groomed while others grow without any nurturing or care and still reach their potential. In some ways, people are like trees. Some are raised with care while others never really have received any nurturing but still grow up to be amazing adults.

I read a quote lately and not sure where I read it but, it went something like this: "Suburbia is where humans plow down trees to make room for houses then name the streets after them."

Hope everyone is having a treeific day!

Jolene

10 Comments:

  • At November 5, 2007 at 10:11 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    trees have an interesting history. I love all the different trees too! must have gotten that from you! lol. they are so beautiful and each of them have their own story.

     
  • At November 5, 2007 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    if only they could tell us the stories of what they've witnessed!

     
  • At November 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    I know! that would be pretty cool! :)

     
  • At November 6, 2007 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    I love the one growing out of the rock crevice....something to learn there!
    love you jojo!

     
  • At November 6, 2007 at 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My parents' first house was in a development park. All the streets were named after trees, just as you've said.

     
  • At November 6, 2007 at 2:00 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    Loved your comment on my blog about tic-tac-toe designs from vapour trails in the sky.

    Nice tree shots - we don't have aspens here in Australia!

     
  • At November 6, 2007 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    Yah I never thought about that naming the streets after trees before....I have been thinking about that...it sickens me to some respect. In many part of the USA...we wiped out the native americans and back in Wyoming and here in AZ...we have streets & towns and rivers & counties and Lord knows what...named after the many tribes...families...people...human beings...wiped off the face of the earth...so we can build & name our material locations after them...FFS!

     
  • At November 6, 2007 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

    I think they are one of nature's most magnificent creations. They really are. I think it is so interesting how everything in nature has it's purpose and even if we don't understand it all, it all works together... almost like a choreographed dance.

     
  • At November 8, 2007 at 2:25 AM , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

    Gosh, I know of such an estate!
    But the roads are named after birds, Heron Rise etc.
    Wonder how many natural habitats were destroyed in the building programme?

     
  • At November 8, 2007 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

    I love, love, love trees - I want to come back as one. Growing up as a city kid, not in the best of areas, I physically HUNGERED for trees.

    I now live surrounded by them, I even have a glen at the bottom of my garden, it's where I go to think.

    Your photography is beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home