Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Juicey Concert....

Saturday, after visiting with Laura, Jason and the girlies, (it was Jason's birthday and he went golfing), Gary and I left for Saratoga. Saratoga is a peaceful small retirement community about 50 miles southeast of Rawlins. Gary and I were going to stay with some very good friends of mine there and go to a Juice Newton concert.


Vance and Karen, a lovely couple and wonderful friends... They have a beautiful and peaceful home in the country and we were treated like royalty!


After the concert I asked Juice to autograph a CD jacket that I have had of her old songs from the 70s and early 80s. She did so gladly and I was thrilled to death!


The red lighting made it difficult to take pictures with my digital but this is what she looks like today, 30 years later! Her voice has matured and she sang to the crowd of about 200 people as if she was singing to 20,000 people. She gives these free concerts every year to show her love and appreciation of the people there. Her concert was mixed with old and new songs and her band is excellent!


After the concert, Gary surprised me with this autographed "All American Girl II" CD. It was the best birthday present ever! (P.S. It's not my birthday until tomorrow but I take pre-birthday gifts too!)

7 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2008 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    Glad you had such a fun time last weekend at the concert! I know you were really looking forward to it and cool pre-birthday present, too!

    Did Jim and Barbara Wise go to the concert, too? lol

     
  • At August 12, 2008 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    I didn't see Jim and Barbie but I looked for them. My cell phone doesn't work in Saratoga so I didn't get a chance to call them.

     
  • At August 12, 2008 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    Glad you had such a great time!!!!
    I love concerts of our "good old music!"
    Hmmmmmm it's your Birthday tomorrow? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe you will get suprises!!!!
    lol@jim Dumb!

     
  • At August 12, 2008 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    Maybe! lol

     
  • At August 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Jeni said...

    Well, unless you put another reminder up in your post tomorrow, if I don't say "Happy Birthday" to you today, I likely forget to do that! So hope you have a great birthday celebration!

     
  • At August 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM , Blogger San said...

    Wow, a perfect weekend! Juice looks great--do you think that's her real name? I love it, but I can imagine what other kids on the playground would have said. Then again, she was thinking, 'I'll show you. I'll be a great singer one of these days.' That is so awesome that she gives those free concerts.

    Karen and Vance are such a nice-looking couple. Karen looks like someone I've met...I'm not sure who...

     
  • At August 12, 2008 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Cath said...

    What a wonderful surprise!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home