Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Family Tree....


I know I have posted these pictures before but I wanted to elaborate on the concept of our Family Tree and what it means to me.

A tree is only as strong as its roots and the ground where it is planted. Our family tree was started by two young couples starting two large families. From those two families came my mother and father. Their love started their own family tree of six girls. Of those six branches, one was completely severed where there will be no future off spring, November 24, 1990.


On my branch of the 'family tree', there were two branches, my daughter and son. From my daughter's branch there are two precious seedlings and one on the way. I am very proud of my branches of our family tree.

Some of the wisdom I learned from the roots of our family tree:
  • Integrity
  • Honesty
  • Pay your bills and establish good credit
  • Love your family
  • Sacrifice is not a dirty word

Some of the wisdom I hope to pass along:

  • Integrity
  • Honesty
  • Establish good credit
  • Love your family and be loyal
  • Scrifice
  • Pay it forward (then you don't have to ever pay back)
  • Laugh at yourself and laugh often
  • Live as if it were your last day on earth
  • Love with all of your heart even if there is a chance of getting hurt
  • Learn to communicate well
  • Enjoy the sweetness of life

Peace,

Jolene



10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home