Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Please, turn that thing off!

Living in southwestern Wyoming on the high desert, has its draw backs...the wind. The wind has been howling for 3 days and nights. The gusts have gotten up to 60 mph+.


I listened to the wind all night long, hearing banging and thuds. I wondered what could be banging around as I didn't think I had anything lose outside!


At one point, when the wind woke me up, once again, I said out loud, "Will someone please turn that thing off!"


This morning when I opened the blinds on my sliding glass door to my patio, I found what was banging and thudding. The glass to my patio table had blown off and was laying about four feet from the table on the deck and my BBQ grill was leaning over on its side against a chair.


Instead of having a negative attitude and dreading winter, I have been trying to change my perspective. This is what I came up with for the cold Wyoming wind:


The wind is a wonderful source for alternative energy.



The concept was used by our ancestors in order to pump water.

And where would Hollywood get tumbleweeds for the Westerns if it weren't for the tumbleweed farms in Wyoming?
Tumbleweed herd.


And how would I ever get that Wild Wyoming Woman hairdo without the wind?

How is that for changing my perspective?

Have a great day everyone!
Jo





14 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home