Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Please, turn that thing off!

Living in southwestern Wyoming on the high desert, has its draw backs...the wind. The wind has been howling for 3 days and nights. The gusts have gotten up to 60 mph+.


I listened to the wind all night long, hearing banging and thuds. I wondered what could be banging around as I didn't think I had anything lose outside!


At one point, when the wind woke me up, once again, I said out loud, "Will someone please turn that thing off!"


This morning when I opened the blinds on my sliding glass door to my patio, I found what was banging and thudding. The glass to my patio table had blown off and was laying about four feet from the table on the deck and my BBQ grill was leaning over on its side against a chair.


Instead of having a negative attitude and dreading winter, I have been trying to change my perspective. This is what I came up with for the cold Wyoming wind:


The wind is a wonderful source for alternative energy.



The concept was used by our ancestors in order to pump water.

And where would Hollywood get tumbleweeds for the Westerns if it weren't for the tumbleweed farms in Wyoming?
Tumbleweed herd.


And how would I ever get that Wild Wyoming Woman hairdo without the wind?

How is that for changing my perspective?

Have a great day everyone!
Jo





13 Comments:

  • At November 13, 2008 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    Great outlook on that dang wind!
    I was astounded at how many wind farms there now are in Wy on my last visit...I always wondered why they didn't harness it like they do west of LA...great alternative energy.
    Wind brings on change...and if we use it for the positive, change is good.
    Great post Ditty! (love that hair btw)

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 9:28 AM , Blogger San said...

    Make that Windblown Wild Wyoming Woman! I like your attitude, especially the idea of channeling that disruptive wind into POWER.

    We get our share of howling winds in the high desert of New Mexico--although not 60 mph of late. I knew I had arrived in the southwest when I walked out of my garage in November 1993--the month we moved here--and a big tumbleweed blew across my path.

    Great post, Jo. Thank you for brightening my morning.

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Sue said...

    Your on the right track...I am still thinking going south is a good idea for me...just for the winter..oh what would I do with the kids...questions to ponder..

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Lynetta said...

    Love the hair, and you have an awesome attitude! Thanks for the inspiration to change mine. Love ya!

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 12:15 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    That post says so much about your positive attitude, Jo.

    You are an inspiration.

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    RJ: Glad you liked my post today. There are more and more wind farms popping up along the southern corridor of Wyoming. Another positive about wind is that we don't have smog, it is blown into Nebraska! :o)

    San: I guess that makes me a W4! Glad I was able to brighten your day because you always brighten mine!

    Sue: I would love to go south but haven't figured out how to do that financially! ;o)

    Lynetta: Glad I could help you Mrs Fine Crystal. :0D

    David: I am glad I am an inspiration to you because you are to me!

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Jeni said...

    I dunno, but I'm thinking you must be sending a lot of the wild Wyoming wind east -clear to Penna. cause I sure do end up with the wild and wooly windblown hair look -all the time! Even when the wind seems to be barely present, my hair just doesn't like that "windblown look" and I sure as heck don't look good in it either. I hate seeing models with the windblown look -so pretty, neat, charming, etc. I probably wouldn't object if I got the same effect for myself though. Such is life, huh?

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    that's a mighty fine change of wind opinion! you can sing, "the answer my friend...is blowin' in the wind..."

     
  • At November 14, 2008 at 5:30 AM , Blogger rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

    You made me chuckle! Great post...SUPER pictures!!

    Congrats on your POD award!

     
  • At November 14, 2008 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Cath said...

    Talk about thinking positively! You are a light in the darkness. Great post.

    Over from David's

     
  • At November 14, 2008 at 10:26 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    BRRRRR!!! thats cold wind too!

     
  • At November 15, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Jules~ said...

    Bravo you did a good job at looking at different perspectives. I set myself in your shoes for a minute and appreciate what you must go thru. I always love the sounds of storm like conditions. But I imagine if I heard it night and day for days at a time....I would lose my head.
    Here is Portland Oregon we get alot of rain this time of year but not much wind in the area we are in. Of course, when I go to the beach...that is a different story.

     
  • At November 16, 2008 at 3:12 AM , Blogger www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

    Hi, you've been TAGGED. Sorry to spoil your Sunday!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home