Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Veterans' Day Week...


I first saw a print of this painting my first trip to Washington D.C. There was something about it that grabbed my heartstrings and I could not stop thinking about it. It was not practical for me to purchase it and try to transport it home at that time. When I got home, I went on-line and found it and purchased it; I still have it hanging in a prominent place of honor in my livingroom.

I did not have any brothers but I had uncles and cousins who served in different wars and thankfully, they all came home safely. My father was Marine stationed in the Johnson Islands at the end of World War II but at that time, the war was virtually over and he did not have to engage in any fighting. I don't know why I have an attachment to this picture, but I do.

I would like this week to be a week of reflection to honor all of those who have served and especially for those who gave their ALL so that we are able to live in the best country in the world.
Thank you soldiers!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home