Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Friday, October 16, 2009

OKTOBERFEST


Traditionally, Oktoberfest is a 16-day festival held each year in Munich, Germany, running from late September to early October. It is one of the most famous events in Germany and the world's largest fair, with some six million people attending every year, and is an important part of Bavarian culture. Other cities across the world also hold Oktoberfest celebrations, modeled after the Munich event.
I am not sure how close the Oktoberfest in Rock Springs is modeled after the Munich event but you can be sure there will be music and beer.
This weekend will be the second year that I will attend. I like the music and being able to visit with people I know. Last year, Gary tried to teach me to polka but I have two left feet and stomped all over him. :o) It was a treat to see Gary and his sister Anita polka together. Gary's parents are always there too! I will let you know how it goes!
What are you going to do this weekend?
Jo

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home