Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Friday, October 30, 2009

You can be what you want to be....


Some people do not participate in the Halloween custom. For me it is a fun time for the kids (and adults) to dress up and be someone or something else.
At times, we all pretend to be something or someone else; put on a mask and hide our true feelings. Motives for doing this vary from each circumstance and I suppose it does not matter why as long as we are true to ourselves. Getting honest with ourselves, figuring out who we are and what we want to do with our lives is the big challenge in life.
No one sets a goal in their life to be poor or homeless, without transportation or to get cancer or another disease where they have to depend totally on someone else. No one chooses pain over happiness yet so many people are in that place.
I have found that happiness is not a costume or a mask but a product of making choices; it is an end product of what we do and how we live.
Jo

5 Comments:

  • At October 30, 2009 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    Yes I know people that wear masks everyday, I guess we all do what we need to do to survive. I find it best to be upfront at all times, and dig out the BEST candy out of the halloween goodies & eat them first!!!
    Love you Jo Jo!

     
  • At October 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Happy Halloween, Aunt Jo! What costume will you wear this year?

     
  • At October 30, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger lolly said...

    Love you Mom!

     
  • At October 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Gary Keimig said...

    Well said Jo. Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    I was reading your comments on your sister, Becky. So very sad.
    I don't know what happened but your sister, Ruby had mentioned it a few times. I can't even imagine. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    God bless,

     
  • At October 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    i think people do, inadvertantly choose pain over happiness when they don't do what it takes to get through the problem. sometimes it hurts far more WHILE you deal with the problem, but that's what it takes to get rid of the pain...digging out that festered sliver.

    love you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home