Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas is coming...


Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat,

Please to put a penny in the old man's hat,

If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do,

If you haven't got a ha'penny then God bless you!
I decorated my house and put up my Christmas tree this weekend. I have been playing Christmas Carols and am in the holiday spirit. I am ready to rock around the Christmas tree!
I recently received this email recently and thought it would be fun to blog. Please participate if you want to.
Welcome to the Christmas Edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Leave me a message if you have participated.

1. 'Tis the Season to be? Jolly and Thankful
2. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
3. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
4. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I have the time
5. When do you take the tree down? The weekend after the 1st
6. Do you like eggnog? Love it!
7. Favorite gift received as a child? My first Barbie Doll in the 60's
8. Hardest person to buy for? My son
9. Easiest person to buy for? My grand daughters
10. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Stinky perfume
13. Favorite Christmas Movie? Prancer
14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends…. Sometimes right after Christmas sometimes all year long
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge . . . ALL the Christmas baked goodies!
17. Lights on the tree? Yes
18. Favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay in town
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Most of the time
21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Do I have to wait until December?
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Losing sight of the reason for the season
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have purple ornaments on my tree... I guess purple
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey/stuffing
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Just to be with family....
27. Who is most likely to respond to this? Not sure...


I hope everyone's preparations are well on their way!
Jo

11 Comments:

  • At December 8, 2008 at 2:20 PM , Blogger San said...

    Thank you for the festive post, Jo. Someone emailed me this too, but I haven't had a chance to participate yet.

    I will say this: I am a fan of eggnog, only if it's really heavy on the NOG.

     
  • At December 8, 2008 at 2:58 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    Eggnog gets my vote, Jo!

     
  • At December 8, 2008 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Femin Susan said...

    Hi......
    Your blog is really interesting... Keep posting....Good Luck...Welcome to my blog...

    Merry Christmas and happy New year.

     
  • At December 9, 2008 at 10:15 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    howdy there!! LOL. Great answers! I will do this a little bit later! I love you!!!!

     
  • At December 9, 2008 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    OK, I was tempted just to "lurk" and not comment like how you have been doing to my blog...ffs.
    But I am not like that, huganug.
    This is a cute post, I do not like egg nog.

     
  • At December 9, 2008 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    i wished i could see your house! i'll get your package in the mail tomorrow or the next...

    hey, that femin susan said the EXACT same thing on my blog, lol.

     
  • At December 9, 2008 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Jules~ said...

    That was a fun list to read thru. I love eggnog too adn I giggled that you made your answers red and green. So festive.

     
  • At December 10, 2008 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    It certainly looks like you are all ready for christmas!! I am not suprised at the purple ornaments
    ;-), love you!

     
  • At December 10, 2008 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Lynetta said...

    Very cool list! I posted mine on my blog as well. Love you lots!

     
  • At December 10, 2008 at 6:41 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    Hey you! I am coming up there to get those purple ornaments....I will give them to my mom!! LOL. I am kidding! HAHA!! Love yuo!!

     
  • At December 11, 2008 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    San: I like my eggnog heavy on the NOG too! lol

    David: Glad the eggnog got your vote! Are you ready for Christmas down under?

    Femin Susan: What part of the world are you from?

    A. Bannana: Loved your answers and love you too!

    RJ: It's not the egg as much as the nog that I like! :o)

    Ms Creek: Is my present on its way? I hope I didn't get Aunt Arnold, again!

    Jules: Tis the season to be jolly, glad I made you giggle! :o) Come back again and have some eggnog!

    RJ: Last year the tree had only purple ornaments, this year I added some glass pinecones and ice cicles! :o) I love the purple!

    Lynetta: Thanks for playing along, its fun this time of year! Miss you and wish you all a Happy Tennessee Christmas!

    AJ: Oh, no you don't; you can't have my purple ornaments even if they are for your Mom. Put the ornament down and slowly back away! :o)

    M&M: Even though you didn't comment, thanks for playing along!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home