Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend....

Friday at noon, I received an email from my boss that we could have the rest of the day off so I headed for hunting camp. Archery hunting season opened this morning but I went up to help Gary get ready. After we satup the styrofoam targets, we practiced. I had fun learning how to shoot with the bow that Gary built and was delighted when I actually hit the target!

It was 80 degrees and clear blue sky when I left Friday; Saturday it was in the high 70s and a little windy; yesterday it was cloudy and in the 60s and it rained last night. This morning we had 6 inches of snow on the ground, foggy and windy. I left hunting camp at noon today and arrived back in Rock Springs at 2:45. I could only go about 25 mph on the 48 miles of snowy muddy graveled road but it was quite enjoyable in my Jeep Cherokee. By the time I got to Kemmerer, the closest town, I had to stop and wash all my windows so I could see. It will take lots and lots of quarters to get my jeep back to its original color!

After I got back to Rock Springs, I went over to see my daughter and grand daughters who were over at their other grandmother's house. I visited and played until they left for home at 4:00.

I had a wonderful weekend but will be happy to sleep in my own bed tonight! It's back to work tomorrow!

Hope you all had a great time!
Jo

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home