Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who me, worry?


I have been under a lot of stress lately but when I took the time to calm myself down, I remembered this poem. I am not sure who wrote it and I could not find a source so if you know the author please let me know and I will site it.



Worry



Worry never climbed a hill,

Worry never paid a bill,

Worry never dried a tear,

Worry never calmed a fear.

Worry never fixed a heel,

Worry never cooked a meal,

Worry never composed a song to sing,



Actually, worry never did a worthwhile thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It is amazing how much I worry, even though I know it doesn't accomplish a thing.


The word worry is derived from the German word wurgen, which means to strangle. Then to worry is to strangle one's self. Yikes!

The modern definition for worry reads this way, "to afflict with mental distress and agitation, to make anxious." It goes on to say that worry implies an incessant goading or attacking that drives one to desperation. Most of us can identify with that particular definition.


There are always things to worry about but, for today, I have resolved not to worry about worry and just keep celebrating my life!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home