Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

A tribute to you Mother.... It's your birthday.



M - is for the million things she gave me

O - means that she's only growing old
T - is for the tears she shed to save me
H - is for her hands that made a home
E - is for her everlasting love
R - means RIGHT and right she'll always be
Put them all together, they spell MOTHER, a word that means the world to me.
This is a song that I learned when I was in Blue Birds and sang for our mothers at our Mother's Day Tea when I was in the second grade.
We all had to dress up in a costume for our pagent. I can remember Mother attaching some tea bags to a pair of her clip-on earrings which she let me wear and then she hung tea bags on my apron and dress; I carried her tea pot.
I can still remember the audience clapping and cheering as I strolled out and modeled my tea bag costume. I was so proud when I won "The Most Original Costume Award."
Mother always had a great smile and an uplifting attitude. She went through a lot of hardships in her life but always was positive. Her motto for life was "Think Pink."
I miss you Mom. Rest in Peace. I love you!
Jo

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home