Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Going home again...


Star Valley, Wyoming looking east. This little valley is very close to the Idaho border and was originally settled by Mormon immigrants. When I lived there in the mid 80's the population was 95% Mormon. For those of us who did not share their beliefs, we gathered every Sunday in a small one room cabin church. We were a small crowd of not more than 20 including our children. We all became very close and my best friend to this day is still Tonie. I always feel like I am going home when I go to visit her. It doesn't matter how much time and distance there has been between us, we pick up right where we left off. Tonie's friendship is one that I cherish and always will.


Tonie and Ray's country home; my home away from home!


View from the kitchen window...you can't really tell it by this photo but it is snowing very hard. I gave Tonie that blue bottle and she would not let me have it back! LOL



Only in Wyoming do you see this kind of "Rush Hour" traffic! It was about minus 18 degrees when I took this picture. I am thankful that I don't make my living off the land! Thank you Tonie and Ray for your friendship and hospitality!

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home