Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mike's Family.....

I spent Saturday in Lander with Mike's family; this is the first time all three brothers have been together in years. I had a really good visit with everyone and enjoyed myself. It was nice being with a warm loving family who is rallying around their Mother in her last days.

From left to right is Dennis the eldest son. He is the principal at the Elementary School. He remembered Ellie and her family and asked me to tell them all hello for him.


Next to Dennis is Doug, they live in South Carolina where he in an executive in a large printing company. Doug is the youngest brother of the three.


Then it is Ted, the Father of the family. He was the Chief of Police for many years, very compassionate and a man that shows that he loves his family.


Last but not least is Mike. Mike is the middle child and has the skills of one that I recognize so well. Mike brought me back home this morning so I can get ready to leave for San Francisco tomorrow.



This is Mike and me with Sandy. She is so sweet and loving and accepted me with open arms. In many ways, she reminds me of my own sweet mother so I felt an instant connection with her. She has a great attitude and spirit. I took her a box of Dove chocolates because she loves them and the doctor told her she could eat whatever she wants. She opened them up right away and ate several. She cried when I told her goodbye.

Well, tomorrow I am off on another adventure. I will let you know about Frisco and my travel adventures there!

Love as always,

Jo

6 Comments:

  • At February 24, 2008 at 11:18 AM , Blogger San said...

    Jo, I'm so glad to see a picture of Mike. He's really an attractive man! And he looks like a kind and cheerful one too.

    The whole family looks great.

    You may already know I lived in San Francisco for almost 12 years. It's a city I absolutely adore. Have fun!

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM , Blogger San said...

    P.S. You look radiant!

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 12:43 PM , Blogger moneythoughts said...

    Hi,

    Thanks for taking a look at my blog. I hope you found it interesting and I hope you will tell others about it. I will continue to write about the things I have been, and I will try to write plainly so everyone can understand the concepts I write about.

    Again thank you for your nice comments, and I hope you will visit again.

    Fred

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM , Blogger M&M FAMILY said...

    Hi JoJo , that was a great post and you look so happy.Thank you for sharing have safe travels.O and by the way he's cute!

     
  • At February 25, 2008 at 4:49 AM , Blogger Mima said...

    Mike looks really nice, and you both look very happy together even in such horrid circumstances.

     
  • At February 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    (singing) Happy Together... ba-ba-ba-ba-bababa-ba-ba-baba.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home