Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Burning Bridges...




I woke up this morning at 4:30 and I had been crying in my sleep. I hadn't done that for two years, since Leo killed himself. I got up and started the coffee and clicked onto Ms. Creek's blog. Her recent post about having regrets struck a chord with me.

I don't know if it is because I am alone or because it's the season to be jolly and I am not at this moment but I also have regrets.

I regret making my daughter upset Saturday and not having the right words to calm her and make things right. I regret not having made the right choices in my life that have caused her pain. I regret that I was taught that I was never going to be good enough and believing it, caused me to make many stupid decisions and mistakes.

The choices of the past are gone and I can't make everything right but I can choose to make good decisions now, decisions that are healthy for me.

With that in mind, I am burning the bridges that take me back to the road of dispair, bad choices and regrets and am moving forward on my life path of health and happiness.

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home