Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Foot prints...

The 'buzz phrase" these days is "leaving a carbon footprint". Even though this is an important concept to talk about, it is not the subject of this post today.

I have often wondered how much of an impact or footprint I have left in the field of victim services in Wyoming. I began my servitude over 16 years ago when I became a volunteer for the Victim/Witness Program in the County in which I lived. Many of you know about the murders of my dear sister Beckie and that of her three boys. Unknowingly, that event launched me into victim services.

I can remember vividly, the names and faces of the hundreds of women and children I helped through the system. I can also remember my mother's encouraging words and sweet smile as I stood before the Senate committee and testified for the 'Life Without Parole" bill as if it were only yesterday. But, did I leave foot prints where someone else can follow? Did I do enough in that journey in which I have now veered from? Have I left people with hope or with despair? I guess I may never know for sure.

1 Comments:

  • At August 6, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger San said...

    Jo, of course you have helped many, probably in more ways than you will know. And who knows where the path will take you next? Who you will be helping down the way?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home