Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

One person's trash....




It is often said, "one person's trash is another's treasure." I do not generally go to yard sales. I have at time's participated and sold my unwanted treasures but I do not get excited about driving around town to other's houses and rummage through their stuff. I know many people like this hobby and have found wonderful priceless treasures; for me, I find no real pleasure in it. I am in no way judging it, I just don't normally participate in this summer event.

Any given weekend, there are 100+ yard sales listed in the daily paper. This weekend my daughter and her mother-in-law are going to host a yard sale. What am I going to do? I am going to keep Brooklyn for the day so she can get to know "Doh Doh" better. The other two girls are going to have a lemonade stand so they will be occupied.

I am looking forward to Saturday and playing with Brook. What are you doing this weekend?
Jo

4 Comments:

  • At July 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM , Blogger JennyMac said...

    Ok, admittedly not a yard-saler BUT my husband would LOVE if I hosted one. LOL. We are taking our munchkin (2.5 years old) to the Atlanta Falcons training camp to watch. Enjoy your weekend.

     
  • At July 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    Yard sales? My m-i-l cannot resist them! She is hilarious ....

     
  • At July 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Jeni said...

    My daughter loves them -also loves Goodwill Stores, The Salvation Army places and a consignment shop (Kid-to-Kid) over in State College. She has purchased the majority of the clothes the two little ones have via those yard sales and used clothing places for a tiny fraction of what it would have cost if purchased new and the clothes have been in very good condition, many brand name items including even a winter coat made by Hannah Andersson of Sweden for $3.00. Can't beat that with a stick.
    This weekend, she is taking a bunch of stuff to my son's girlfriend's place where she's going to put it out at a yard sale there and in a couple of weeks, there is supposed to be a town-wide day of yard sales here too when she will try to clean more closets out that way. (I usually get to stay home and watch the kids, cook supper, etc., and that's generally fine with me anyway as I don't really need anything at the moment.

     
  • At July 31, 2009 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    sounds like a wonderful alternative! have fun and give her lots of kisses for me!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home