Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Left My Heart...

I have been promising pictures of my trip to San Francisco. I left home without my camera and had to purchase a disposable camera and I am disappointed that the photos were not as clear as my digital would have been.

One thing on my list to do was to ride a trolley car so Wednesday night after the conference we sat out to explore a little while. These pictures are a little out of order but it doesn't matter as the story is the same!


This heart is at Union Square. I loved the painting of the Golden Gate Bridge and had to have my picture taken with it.



We ate at Joe's Crab Shack. Being a Wyoming girl, I had to experience wearing a bib while I ate. This is Judy from Montana. We became fast friends as she does the same job in Montana that I do in Wyoming.


This is the trolley that we rode, I am not sure if we started on Hyde Street and ended on Powell Street or if it went the opposite direction. Since the open part of the trolley was full when we boarded, I told everyone who boarded the car part that whoever sits there had to sing when we topped Nob Hill. I know this sounds strange and I was not drunk or on drugs but being from Wyoming and living a wish, I was a little more forward than I usually am. Needless to say, everyone complied, well, eventually. I had to sing the song three times before I got everyone to join in and I was happy when even the ones who didn't speak English sang along with me. Here are the words:

I left my heart in San Francisco
High on a hill, it calls to me.
To be where little cable cars
Climb halfway to the stars!
The morning fog may chill the air
I don't care!
My love waits there in San Francisco
Above the blue and windy sea
When I come home to you, San Francisco,
Your golden sun will shine for me!

Once we topped Nob Hill, I didn't make anyone sing any longer. I was in awe of the lights and the city.


This is Danny from Cincinatti. We had a lot of fun singing together. I am sure he thought I was nuts but he went along with the fun.


I took this picture for my sister and brother-in-law.

I am planning on going back to San Francisco someday. It is a great city to visit.
I hope you enjoyed my journey!
Jo

17 Comments:

  • At March 13, 2008 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    Well it certainly looks like you had a ton of fun!!!! Good for you getting everyone to sing.
    I always knew you had a big heart...and that looks like "Dave Bargonia sittin' dere"
    Thanks for sharing your story ditty.

     
  • At March 13, 2008 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    Sure did enjoy your travels to SF! We hope to travel there some day and THANX for the pic you took for us...I'm impressed there is a street named after my husband!

     
  • At March 13, 2008 at 6:51 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    Beautiful pictures! :) Glad to see you had a wonderful time!!!!!!!

    LOVE YAH!

     
  • At March 13, 2008 at 7:26 PM , Blogger M&M FAMILY said...

    i enjoyed your journey.How is lolly doing?Well love ya little lady.

     
  • At March 14, 2008 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    I like that crab bib

     
  • At March 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Lynetta said...

    Glad you had so much fun, Auntie Jo! Wish I could have been there for the cable car sing-a-long. Love you lots.

     
  • At March 14, 2008 at 11:55 AM , Blogger San said...

    Fun, fun, fun, Jo!

    I can totally believe that you got everyone to sing on the cable car. That is SO San Francisco.

    The heart at Union Square wasn't there when I lived there, or even when I visited last. That looks so cool.

    You are making me want to go back...sigh.

     
  • At March 17, 2008 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    RJ: I had fun in SF but there's no place like home! ;o) I had to wear the crab bib, not because I am a messy eater but because I had to experience it! LOL

    Ellie: I think it would be fun to tour SF together! The Golden Gate Bridge was awesome!

    AJ: Your family would enjoy SF and all of the sights!

    M&M: Lolly is doing great! She has less than a month now so the 'Grandmas' are on high alert. Lolly and family plan on being here next weekend for Easter.

    Lynetta: You can go with me next time and help me get everyone singing. We could teach them "I see the moon" LOL

    San: Union Square was a very neat place! I loved SF and want to return and spend more time sight seeing. We could go together and you can show me some "insider" places! ;o)

     
  • At March 17, 2008 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've only seen Lobster Bibs, never seen a Crab Bib. The trolley ride sounds like a fun time. I would've joined in singing.

     
  • At March 17, 2008 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Celebration of Life said...

    Chewy: I love your spirit! The trolley conductor stood at the back of the car with his arms crossed with a scowl the whole ride; I am sure he thought he should keep an eye on the "crazy lady"! LOL When we departed from the trolley, I told him thank you for a memorable ride and he smiled and said, "You're welcome." I'm sure he has seen all kinds. :o)

     
  • At March 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    Sounds like you had a memorable time.

     
  • At March 18, 2008 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Preity Angel... said...

    WOW...looks like you had a lots of fun..

    I love your pictures... very amazing

     
  • At March 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    Aunt Jo, you would never beleive what song I found when rick and I were downloading songs. I See The Moon! It was so cool to find it!!

    I love you!

     
  • At March 18, 2008 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    But that song was a diff. version aj had...fud dud lol
    Love you Jo Jo!!!!

     
  • At March 19, 2008 at 12:40 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    have a great week!

     
  • At March 19, 2008 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Preity Angel... said...

    Have a good week to everyone...

     
  • At March 19, 2008 at 12:56 PM , Blogger San said...

    Hi Jo,

    Popping in to say, "Tomorrow is the first day of Spring." It's looking a little like it here too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home