Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve...




I started home Saturday the 29th from Billings. The highway was reasonable considering that it is winter! I stopped in Sheridan and had lunch with Ed and Cathy. Cathy is so cute; she asked me if I wanted a little chocolate torte for dessert. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I said okay. She brought me the biggest piece of chocolate cake that I have ever seen! Ed laughed when I saw it and Cathy had a twinkle in her eye; a good joke on Aunt Jo! LOL

Then I went on to Casper and visited with M&M Family and stayed the night with Aunt Goldie. What a wonderful visit I have had with all of my family this vacation.

Sunday morning I headed for home and had good roads until I hit Muddy Gap. I experienced one of our famous "horizontal snowstorms." The wind was blowing from the southwest at about 45-50 mph. The last 40 miles into Rawlins was the longest in history!

When I got to Rawlins, the Interstate was closed and the motels were filling up with truckers and other travelers so I called my good friend Loretta and she was kind enough to give me a hot meal and a warm bed to sleep in. We had a good visit catching up and had lots of laughs. That snow storm had a silver lining as I am usually in too big of a hurry to get home when I go through to give her a call!

I headed for home this morning around 9:00 a.m. and arrived around 10:30 a.m. I had plenty of time to unload my car, put things away and do my laundry with plenty of time to take a nap!

Happy New Year everyone.... 2008 will be a great year!

8 Comments:

  • At January 1, 2008 at 12:12 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    I love you!! I am sl glad you are home safe!! have a great new year!!

     
  • At January 1, 2008 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Lynetta said...

    Glad you made it home safe and sound. Happy New Year! Love you lots!

     
  • At January 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

    HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have a wonderful 2008!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

     
  • At January 1, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Blogger M&M FAMILY said...

    It sounds like a fun trip. I'm glad you were able to stop. We love you and have a great New Year.

     
  • At January 1, 2008 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    That darn Cathy is a naughty naughty tt isn't she? I'm so glad you stopped to see them, I bet they were glad you did too. And glad you stopped to see m&m family and your friend in Rawlins. The storm sounds like an absolute BUMMER to drive through, but it made you stop and smell the roses!

    Love ya jo jo, happy new years!

     
  • At January 2, 2008 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would have been a nervous wreck driving through a snow storm like that! Glad you had a friend to put you up. Happy New Year Jo-Jo.

     
  • At January 2, 2008 at 2:03 PM , Blogger San said...

    Jolene, I'm glad you had such grand family holidays. That treacherous drive home in the "horizontal" snow storm, however, scares the daylights out of me. Sounds like "The Perfect Storm" to create accidents.

    Thank goodness you were able to stop and that you're home safe now. You lived to "blog the story."

    Happy, Happy New Year!

     
  • At January 2, 2008 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    I am glad you made it safe & sound & that you are "getting to be a pretty good driver"
    LOVE YOU!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home