Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Progression...one foot ahead of the other....

....or one stroke after another! I started painting again. I had in my mind's eye to paint a lightning storm. I did not want it to be just a sky painting so I decided to paint Boar's Tusk, a landmark here in Sweetwater County. I intend to post a progression of my work. I am no expert and I may be doing it all wrong but since I have had no formal training, I hope you will keep that in consideration as you follow my progress.


This is where I blocked in the sky and landscape. I decided it was not dark enough for contrast when I paint in the lightning bolts.


So I darkened it. The next step will be blocking in Boar's Tusk.

Jo

5 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2010 at 7:45 PM , Blogger ellie said...

    you know how much i love and admire your talents. you are deeply inspired, right now, and i hope this painting will be a theraputic tool for you.

    hope to see you at goldies!
    love you oodles!
    keep your chin up, think pink.

     
  • At March 6, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

    I love it....you are really talented & I am proud of you..always have been always will be.
    Love those colors!

     
  • At March 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM , Blogger chewy said...

    I enjoy seeing progressions. Don't worry about having no formal training. You are making great observations, decisions and proceeding in a logical manner.

     
  • At March 8, 2010 at 8:11 AM , Blogger San said...

    This color is lush, Jo!

     
  • At March 8, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger San said...

    And in the top (later) version, you've gotten some great movement going with those clouds.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home