Celebration of Life

Moving beyond my pain and celebrating life.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring in Wyoming!

I am witnessing the slow appearance of spring outside of my window. The snow is subsiding and the temperature is consistently rising everyday. Spring is on the way!

The view outside my window these days is mostly of birds. Sometimes the rabbits and squirrels that live in the yard make their appearance but mostly the birds seem to enjoy my veranda.

The sparrows sit on my railing and look in the window at me. I think they enjoy seeing their reflections in the window.

The chick-a-dees come in closer and eat the crumbs the girls have dropped. I love these birds!


Lately, the ravens have been making their appearance and spending a lot of time out on the lawn. I have never seen so many very large ravens all together before. I wonder what kind of conference they are attending?

Spring is coming to Wyoming, but we have at LEAST two more months! I am looking forward to doing the happy spring dance!
Have a good weekend, everyone!
Jo






11 Comments:

  • At February 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Susan English Mason said...

    I have to visit Wyoming. This past weekend I saw a Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Pinyon Blue Jay, American Robin, and some type of oriole I am not used to seeing in Arizona. Also, the ravens I'm seeing this year are huge and people are talking about why that might be.

     
  • At February 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM , Blogger lolly said...

    Why is it that I have snow...and you don't??? I don't see how that's fair...AT ALL!!! Don't you LIVE in Wyoming? And I don't. So why do I get all the snow? *sigh* I still love you, though!

     
  • At February 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Gary Keimig said...

    Just checking in on you. I too have been enjoying teh birds outside my studio window. And photographing them [research?]Our ravens too are congregating. Tis the season for birds and bees for them. [where are the bees?]Clark Nutcrackers are also busy nest building as are the Horned owls who seem to have taken care of all my welfare rabbits. Keep doing that spring dance. I seem to be ready for it this year. Must be an age thing.

     
  • At March 1, 2009 at 11:58 AM , Blogger San said...

    How sweet that the birds visit outside your window, Jo!

    That big Wyoming vista is gorgeous. We are getting a taste of Spring here in northern New Mexico, and I say--Bring it on!

     
  • At March 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    well, It is spring here in AZ! The weather is BEAUTIFUL! I wish you would come down and see us!!!!

     
  • At March 2, 2009 at 8:17 AM , Blogger A.Bananna said...

    Hey you! I love you! Have a great week!

     
  • At March 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Jules~ said...

    Your little bird pictures are so fun! I can just imagine them hopping and boppingaround with their sing song ways as they look for new and fresh food. They are so much fun.
    I was just thinking too this morning that spring is coming. The sun is shining today and I didn't even have to turn the lights on to get the girls ready for school because the sun is rising earlier.

    Blessings to you today.

     
  • At March 2, 2009 at 4:25 PM , Blogger DILLY said...

    Dilly not get chickadees in Ingland
    but do get chickpeas.

    Dilly blog bowt Spring too,
    in Dilly garden!

    Come see!

     
  • At March 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

    i enjoyed watching the bald and golden eagles on the river this weekend!

    and we love all those little birds, just like our momma, huh?

    love ou too!

     
  • At March 4, 2009 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Gary Keimig said...

    Was looking at your Raven photo again, Jo. That is an incredible picture. What kind of camera are you using? Nice job.

     
  • At March 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

    That is a great shot of the raven, Jo.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home